Saturday, 3 January 2015

Twilight : New Moon


Director: Chris Weitz
Writers: Melissa Rosenberg (screenplay), Stephenie Meyer (novel)
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance
Runtime: 130 minutes
Rated: PG-13
My score: 4/10

Trailer






Summary

In the second film we see Edward leaving Bella in order to protect her. As a result she falls into depression and becomes an adrenalin junkie. Through her effort to fill the void she feels, Bella becomes closer friends with Jacob, which he’s trying to hide a big secret from her.

What I think of the film (spoilers)

In order to be able to watch this film must meet one of the following conditions:
1. You see whatever crap comes out in the theaters.
2. You crazy about the first movie.
(in case you are wondering I’m in the first group)

The reason I say this is because, something the continuous screams of Bella in the middle of the night, her constant depression and obsession she has with her age and seeing Edward again, will test the limits of your patience. The performances and the dialogue is even more tragic than the first movie. If you like the six-packs and toned muscles then you may be able to get to the end of this movie and since werewolves wear only denim shorts!

Do not expect much action, little bit of running here and there and that’s pretty much it. This movie is mostly drama. You can also see that Bella has zero experience in relationships, she becomes extremely depended to her relationship with Edward and then with Jacob and also the fact that she’s so gulible when it comes to the promises they give her. One of them is “I will never abandon you” . Seriously? Unless you are marrying the guy you cannot believe that! And even then, only time will prove how long you’ll last. Divorces don’t exist for no reason. Her parents have one for god’s sake!

For the Volturi do not have much to say since we expect developments in subsequent films. What I saw is that they probably have burned a lot of brain cells over the centuries. I can not take them seriously. I believe that Michael Sheen didn’t impress me much as a vampire. I preferred him as a werewolf in the Underworld movies (that doesn't mean the Underworld are good movies).

Generally that movie did not convince me that was good. So if you decide to see it, do not say I did not warn you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment