Saturday, 3 January 2015

Twilight


Since all of the twilight movies are out, what better than to torture ourselves with a recap of them. I can see story wise why it has been popular since it has been done before in other movies/shows (but better in my opinion). Lot's of people will say that I need to read the books to appreciate better. No I don't. Because the point of the movie is to give a good idea of what is written on the book. I love the harry potter books and movies but when it comes down to review them I will be pointing out the crappy make up and the wtf moments.

So let's start!

Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Writer: Melissa Rosenberg (screenplay), Stephenie Meyer (novel)
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance
Runtime: 122 min
Rated: PG-13
My score: 5/10

Trailer




Summary

Bella Swan, shortly after the second marriage of her mother, she decides to live with her ​​father in a small rainy town called Forks. There she makes new friends and meets a mysterious young man named Edward who piqued her interest and will change her life.

What I think of the film (spoilers if you are one of the lucky few that haven't seen these movies yet):

Apple, the forbidden fruit of knowledge that was tasted by the ones that ware created first and then experienced a new lifestyle, a new reality fraught with difficulties. The red color indicates passion. In this film we see the beginning of a passion ..... that will test your patience! I'm a mediocre movie at it's best to spend your time when there is absolutely nothing else to put on. Also it's easier to watch if you are a girl. I'm not discriminating but us girls have more experience in watching movies of the type and can take more crap of this kind than men. But do not expect Oscar worthy performances and the story in some places will leave you in a state of bewilderment (aka wtf).

Some parts reminded me of stories I've read or other films I've seen. For example, the nightly visits of Edward reminded me clearly the story of Dracula and the most cliche, the hints regarding Vampires vs. Werewolves. But nothing too tragic.

Unfortunately it was not the cliches that made this film I wonder why I was watching it. Some parts had the jaw drop effect on me. The result of the skin of vampires in the sun exposure. Not only melted, not even a tiny puff of smoke! He was sparkling as if he was part of a Swarovski Crystals campaign.

Finally, the performances of the actors were mediocre. Bella's face was in a constant expression of constipation and Edward's face expressions were changing so suddenly I did not know many times if he was happy or in pain.

I'm going to close with words of Claudia Puig from Usa Today:

"Despite questionable casting, wooden acting, laughable dialogue and truly awful makeup, nothing is likely to stop young girls from swarming to this kitschy adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's popular novel."

0 comments:

Post a Comment